When you own a business, disputes are inevitable– whether between and among partners, owners, or shareholders or with third parties who you contract, compete, or partner with. It is important to resolve these disputes as efficiently and effectively as possible so that you can focus on moving your business forward and focus on future success.
Lasky Murphy has extensive litigation experience covering a broad range of commercial, business, and bankruptcy litigation matters. We have handled breach of contract cases, partnership and shareholder disputes, breach of fiduciary duty claims, securities-related litigation, director and officer liability suits, claims involving fraud and unfair business practices, class actions, bankruptcy-related litigation, and successions matters. We have litigated cases in federal, state, and bankruptcy courts in Louisiana and throughout the country. We have also represented clients in mediation and arbitration proceedings.
- As lead trial counsel, tried to judgment a breach of contract dispute relating to unpaid waste collection services.
- Currently serving as co-class counsel in a class action in federal court on behalf of a nationwide class of used car dealers against their financing company for interest charged on their floorplan agreements.
- Currently representing a liquidating trustee in state and federal court in several cases arising out of the bankruptcy of a wood pellet plant, including claims against officers and directors seeking recovery of more than $200 million owed to creditors.
- Currently representing a bankruptcy trustee in the Western District of Louisiana seeking to revoke transfers of property made by debtors prior to bankruptcy filing.
- Currently defending a contractor in a wrongful death suit related to alleged asbestos exposure.
- Represented a broker dealer in federal court and in a FINRA arbitration proceeding brought by the beneficiaries of a trust.
- Litigated in federal court on behalf of the City of New Orleans, Louisiana, against its underwriter and remarketing agent, UBS Securities, Inc., for claims arising from the issuance of variable rate demand obligations.
- Litigated a breach of fiduciary duty claim in Louisiana state court against the former officers and directors of a bankrupt fine arts auction company.
- Defended former officer and director of a bankrupt national chain of sandwich shops in cases in Louisiana federal and bankruptcy courts.
- Tried to judgment a lender liability case in Florida state court on behalf of a real estate development company against a hedge fund lender and its partner.
LASKY MURPHY LLC
715 GIROD STREET, SUITE 250
NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130