Our firm has experience advising and representing individuals in a range of employment matters. For example, we advise individuals who are negotiating employment contracts and non-competition agreements, employees facing possible termination from their jobs, and those facing allegations of improper workplace conduct. We represent clients in cases involving unpaid wages and unpaid overtime. We represent workers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and go to court on their behalf in cases involving employment discrimination and retaliation. We welcome the opportunity to meet with individuals who are experiencing problems in their jobs and careers, whether the problem involves unpaid wages, wrongful termination, unequal pay, discrimination (based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or age), sexual harassment, retaliation, or other work-related concerns.
- Served as lead trial counsel in a federal employment case involving claims of pregnancy discrimination, disability discrimination, and wrongful eviction.
- Currently representing employee in case involving disability discrimination and retaliation in the workplace.
- Represented employee in federal suit under the Fair Labor Standards Act in case involving issues of misclassification and unpaid overtime.
- Represented female employee in federal suit under the Equal Pay Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 relating to employer’s failure to pay her the same wages as her male coworkers.
- Represented employee in federal suit as a result of employer’s interference with employee’s leave under the Family Medical Leave Act taken in order to provide care for his wife for medical reasons.
- Represented employee before the EEOC in a matter involving severe and pervasive sexual harassment and retaliation in the workplace.
- Currently representing post-graduate student in a case involving failure to provide medically-necessary maternity leave under Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972.
LASKY MURPHY LLC
715 GIROD STREET, SUITE 250
NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130